cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfeist
Surveyor

When will the new quiz/test feature go live?

Jump to solution

I love the new quiz/test feature in beta right now.  It is great to create questions with the stimulus on the same page.  Recently, I spent nearly close to an hour putting together a quiz with this new feature.  I was excited to share it in the commons and drop it into my other course for students to complete.  I found out the hard way that this feature, while still in beta, will not copy into my course completed.  It will load the assignment with title, but all of the content of the quiz is blank.  Does anyone know a way to get around this? Or more importantly, when the quiz/test feature will be out of beta so I don't have to create the same quiz twice?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @bfeist ‌,

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bfeist .  I have been working with Quizzes LTI a bit as well, and like you appreciate the stimulus question type.  Regarding your questions, I don't recall any information being released on when the beta stage will end.  I have been checking the following pages frequently for updates:

Priority: Quizzes.Next 

Quizzes LTI Feature Comparison 

I attempted a few ways to copy quizzes and didn't find a way around the issue you brought up.  As I'm sure you have noticed, question banks are available in other courses but if there is a way to duplicate the quiz I have not discovered it yet. I do understand from discussions in the pages above that new features are being developed, so maybe this feature will become available before long. I will share this with the Quizzes LTI user group in case someone else has any insight.

Best wishes--

kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @bfeist ‌,

As pointed out in a previous reply, new features are being worked on. Two relevant features to your question would be the ability to copy a quiz within a course and the support of course copy (which is a first for an LTI tool). Unfortunately we do no yet have support for sharing to Commons and hard choices have prioritized other features for more immediate development. A workaround would be to add you quiz content to an item bank and then add those items from the bank into the new quiz.

I'd like to better understand your use of Canvas and Quizzes.Next so I can help inform the development of these features. When you develop a quiz, are you doing so in an unpublished course?

-

Kevin Dougherty

Instructure

Thanks for your reply  @kdougherty1   I am an 8th grade Humanities teacher who is developing course content as I go.  Everything I create is typically used/completed by students about a week or so after creation.  Since I have you as an audience, I have a couple of other things I would love to see added to the new quiz feature:

• Multiple choice questions should have the ability to have several correct answers.  For example, i would like to be able to ask a student to identify three common themes of a list of five possible answers.  Currently, I can give partial credit to multiple answers but cannot select multiple correct answers.
  • Hot spot question:  It would be great to be able to select several "hot spots" within one question.  Also, make an option to create a custom hot spot (draw a unique shape or size).  
  • Uploading a personalized video/audio recording is also missing from the new quiz feature.  The ability is available in the current quiz engine but not the new quiz feature. 

My guess is that some if not all of these suggestions are in development.  

Thank you for your time,

Brandon Feist

8th Grade Humanities

Ford Middle School

Hi  @bfeist ‌,

-

Kevin Dougherty

Instructure

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bfeist ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since February 18, 2018.  I see that both ericwerth and  @kdougherty1  have been able to respond to you.  Do you have any additional questions as it relates to your original question?  Do you feel that one of the above replies from Eric or Kevin has helped to answer your question?  If so, please go ahead and mark one of their responses as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not seen any new activity in this topic since the middle of February.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Brandon.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.