cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollyzahler
Not applicable

Where am I?

As a student, I am wondering if there is a way to "pick where I left off".  For example, when I first log on, from the dashboard, I click on the course and I am taken to the main course page, is there something I can click to see what I have completed and where I left off?  Otherwise I am left toggling through all of the tutorials I have already completed to get to where I left off. 

Thank you,

Holly Zahler

4 Replies
lenzeb
Community Participant

As far as I know this is not currently a feature. I have a couple of suggestions to help though.

1. Collapse the modules you finish by clicking the carrot symbol at the top left of the module by the title. This can narrow down your search.

2. If you are working on a desktop bookmark the last page you are on in your course. You can create a folder in the browser toolbar and create a link for every course and then just edit each link with the new url when you complete your session of work. Then just use that link the next time you are ready to work again.

I am a new canvas user and in the process of learning the system.  I appreciate your feedback. 

Holly Zahler

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hollyzahler  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  The only thing I can think of would be if your instructor(s) were setting requirements for the modules in your course.  Then, as a student, you can essentially "check off" things as you finish them.  Here is a Guide I found for you that may help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10498-4212668332 ... but again, this would need to be first set up by your instructor(s) in the course(s) you are taking.

Thank you for pointing me to the guide, I am new to canvas and just learning the features of the system. 

Holly Zahler