Where did my sidebar on the right side go?

Jump to solution
Just_a_Teacher
Community Member

So it looks like Canvas did an update.  Now I am missing my sidebar that was on the right side of my screen that contained my: Modules, class files, uploaded images, etc.

So the million $ question is where do I find that stuff now and how do I get it to stay up like it was before the update?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Just_a_Teacher ...

Hopefully your school's local Canvas administrator(s) or people from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department communicated to you and your colleagues that the former Rich Content Editor was going to be replaced with the New Rich Content Editor.  Some schools decided to turn the New RCE on earlier that others.  However, all Canvas customers are now on the New RCE as of January 16, 2021.  More information can be found in the Canvas Release Notes (2021-01-16) - Canvas Community.  Here is a video tutorial on the new RCE: Rich Content Editor - Canvas Community.  The toolset you are looking for on the right side of your screen no longer exists with the new version of the RCE.  Those tools are now included in the New RCE.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes