cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where is my exported quiz?

Jump to solution

Where does the exported quiz end up? It has been exported from one course, and now I am in the new course, trying to import it, but cannot find it, only older stuff, the most recent from yesterday (Dec 11). Should look somewhere else? The radio button only looks into my computer, but where exactly should I look for it there? Sorry to ask such a silly question, but I have just spent an hour reading the guides without getting an answer to this. 

332438_pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi karin.molander.danielsson@mdh.se
The quiz export is saved as a .ZIP file in the course where there original quiz was located, you will probably need to download it from there and then upload it into the destination course.
In the original course where you did the export, go to the Settings > Export Course Content screen again. You should see a list of exports that have been created, with the most recent one at the top. Your quiz export will be labelled "QTI Export from <date export was created> "
Clicking the export name will allow you to download it to your desktop, and you can browse for it there when you go to the import screen in the other course.

Exports are only available to download for 30 days, after that you will see the old exports listed in the original course but there will no longer be a link to download.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

The quiz export is saved as a .ZIP file in the course where there original quiz was located, you will probably need to download it from there and then upload it into the destination course.
In the original course where you did the export, go to the Settings > Export Course Content screen again. You should see a list of exports that have been created, with the most recent one at the top. Your quiz export will be labelled "QTI Export from <date export was created> "
Clicking the export name will allow you to download it to your desktop, and you can browse for it there when you go to the import screen in the other course.

Exports are only available to download for 30 days, after that you will see the old exports listed in the original course but there will no longer be a link to download.

View solution in original post

Thank you! I thought the export process included upload...

Karin via iPhone

Highlighted

An easier option than exporting, downloading and finally importing is to simply use the Course Import Tool.

With is tool, you will simply go into the course in which you wish to add the quiz, and import it from the course in which it is in. Learn how at How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? and specifically https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077 

Kelley

Highlighted

Hi Kelley, yes indeed, that was not only easier, it also made it possible to import the question banks. OK, I am now going to write my own step-by-step manual for next time, so I don’t have to ask again. ☺

Many thanks!

Best regards

Karin M Danielsson

Karin Molander Danielsson Ph. D.

Senior Lecturer in English

School of Education, Culture and Communication

Mälardalen University

Box 833

721 23 Västerås

Highlighted

I am glad that worked for you, and never be shy about asking us questions in here. We love to be helpful.

Kelley

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels