cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolj
Community Member

Where is the Files folder??

Jump to solution

My students can't see files even though I published them.  What should I do?

They don't even see the word Files amongst the choices on the left.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @carolj  Thank You for posting your question.  The fact that your students cannot see the "Files" menu along the left-hand side of your Canvas course tells me that you need to enable that navigation button via your course "Settings" menu.  Please check out this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?  Then, assuming that you've set up your course files within the "Files" screen properly, your students will be able to access and download them.  As you may know, there are ways to set permissions on individual files.  Here are some Guides on that for you:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13046-4152314466 

I hope these resources will be helpful to you, Carol.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @carolj  Thank You for posting your question.  The fact that your students cannot see the "Files" menu along the left-hand side of your Canvas course tells me that you need to enable that navigation button via your course "Settings" menu.  Please check out this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?  Then, assuming that you've set up your course files within the "Files" screen properly, your students will be able to access and download them.  As you may know, there are ways to set permissions on individual files.  Here are some Guides on that for you:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13046-4152314466 

I hope these resources will be helpful to you, Carol.

View solution in original post