Which apps are free?

Jump to solution
mfallert
Community Member

Hello.  Can anyone point me to a comprehensive list of Canvas apps that are free for teachers?  I've been searching for days.  I would love to get more creative in the ways I'm presenting material, but most of the apps listed in the default Canvas list require the district or the teacher to make a purchase.

I specifically am looking for apps where I can get the consumer key and shared secret without having to make a purchase or go through submitting a tech support request in my district.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @mfallert ...

I'm not sure if this 100% accurate or not, but when you go to the EduAppCenter website, there is a filter where you can choose between "All Access", "Open Access", and "Authenticated".  I'm not really sure if that really translates to "free", though.  But, now that I take a look at more of the filters, there is an "All Categories" dropdown list on the left side of the screen near the top, and if you click on that, there is an option for "Completely Free".  Even though some of these are completely free, you still may need to obtain a Consumer Key and Shared Secret.  If you drill down into one of the apps listed in the EduAppCenter, it may give you directions on how to obtain that information.  For example, Flipgrid has lots of instructions on that page, and there is a link right below those green, red, and blue colored tags with a link to generate the Consumer Key and Shared Secret.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post