cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Why are Discussions & Assignments missing???

Once I’ve clicked on a course in dashboard and I get to its main page I have a list of menu options to the left. I’ve dug up some tutorials that show “assignments” and “discussions” listed in that menu but I don’t have mine showing there. I have to find other means of accessing them. Syllabus, announcements, modules, etc. are all there but not discussions or assignments? Is this normal or should they be appearing there as well?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @David510 ...

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like you are a student?  If this is the case, your instructor can hide specific course navigation menu items from students in the course and essentially "force" people to access content via other means...such as via the "Modules" page.  This is actually normal and by design.  Many instructors choose to hide things like "Discussions" and "Assignments" from students.  But, have no fear...because the items that are in the "Discussions" and "Assignments" pages are most likely listed somewhere in your "Modules" page.  The "Modules" page is where instructors design the layout of their lesson plans for the course.  They can include "Discussions", "Assignments", "Quizzes", and "Pages" of content.  All of those are organized by your instructor in a specific order that he/she chooses.

I hope this will help a bit, David.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels