cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithjamesj
Community Member

Why are files that I copied from a previous course locked to student viewing?

student says files are locked

4 Replies
Community Member

James, have you published the pages?  Even copying them from another course doesn't guarantee that they are published.

Yes! That’s why I am confused about a student telling me the files are “locked”

Jim

How are students accessing the files? Are they going to Files, or are they following links within pages? If the latter, if the link was created by a hyperlink (copy/paste a URL) rather than using the Content Selector along the right-hand side, students won't be able to see the content.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, smithjamesj...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we've not seen any new activity in this topic since  @klundstrum 's feedback on June 25, 2019.  Have you had an opportunity to review her posting?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to her response if you feel that Kristin's response has helped to answer your question.  But, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a note below letting us know how we might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over three months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, James.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.