cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkoberstein
Community Member

Why are images not showing up in Assignment text?

To embed images into an assignment, I used to click the Images tab when Editing an Assignment. I'd browse for the image on my computer, upload it, and it would show up in the body text box for the assignment. 

Now when I do that, only the file name of the image shows up in the text box, no image. I have to instead, do those steps, delete the text (file image name), then click the Embed image option where all the formatting options are, and choose the image from my Canvas files.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @nkoberstein ‌, this sounds like it's associated with a bug that cropped up after last weekend's production release; our engineers are working on it, but even so, and to get confirmation that this is part of the issue, your best course of action will be to submit your own ticket (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) so that you will receive notifications of the status of the fix. 

I don't have the Report an Issue as an option...? 

Mr. Nicholas Koberstein

Mathematics Department Chair

Student Government Advisor

Knightdale High School of Collaborative Design

www.nkobersteinkhs.pbworks.com

@nkoberstein ‌, judging from your screenshot, your school has customized its help menu, and the closest analog I can see is the "WCPSS Canvas Support" option. That's where I would start, and you might want to include a link to this conversation in the text of your support request.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @nkoberstein ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since stefaniesanders‌' reply on November 2, 2017.  Have you had a chance to contact the "WCPSS Canvas Support" folks to see if they could assist you?  Is this still an issue in your Canvas course?  Or, has the issue been resolved?  If you feel that one of the above replies from Stefanie has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of her responses as "Correct".  However, if you are still in need of some assistance with this question, please come back to this topic to post a message below letting Community members know how we might be able to further assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for over four months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Nicholas.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.