Why are my embedded links not working in the Canvas app?

Jump to solution
ljohnson18
Community Novice

I recently created a virtual classroom in Google Slides which I embedded as my Canvas homepage for my course. Everything works beautifully via computer / Chrombook. However, the links do not work on the Canvas App. What can I do?#virtual classroom links# embedded google slides#links don't work in ap

2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Lisa ~

What you describe sounds amazing! Would you be willing to share a screenshot of your homepage from a desktop so I can try to recreate the behavior? (I won't be recreating your classroom, but rather just the Google Slides embedding the same way so I can verify the way the Canvas Student app handles the links...)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bwood1
Community Member

So- students CAN open links from a Google Slide within the Canvas App. They have to hold down on the link for a second (basically a right click), then- without lifting their finger- slide to the side. This opens the link in the browser. I have to note that I CAN open within the app on my android app - NOT iOS app. 

My issue is a lot of my links are to locations within my Canvas course (not always external content). So- how to I instruct a link to open WITHIN the Canvas app if it is to a Canvas page? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes