cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrogan
Community Member

Why are questions in quizzes randomly out of order?

Hi, 

I have made quizzes and the questions are randomly out of order for a variety of students within the same class section. I do not have the questions in a question group. This has happened on two different occasions with two different quizzes. Shuffle answers is not selected either. Any ideas or suggestions to keep the questions in the same order? 

Thank you, 

Beth

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bbrogan , are you possibly pulling the questions from a question bank? Otherwise, if you are not using question groups or question banks and when you look at the quiz responses from students in Speedgrader and the questions are out of order, then I would contact Canvas Support. This is not normal behavior and needs to be reported (Helps link on bottom left in Canvas --> Report a Problem).

bbrogan
Community Member

Do questions automatically populate a question bank when quizzes are

created? I have not purposely created a question bank, but I see that all

of my quiz questions from multiple quizzes are now within one.

Beth Brogan '86

Director of Academic Support

Bishop Chatard High School

317.251.1451 ext. 2252

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Are you seeing an "unfiled" question bank? That's normally where questions you add to a course get put if you don't create them in a specific question bank and instead add/create them directly in a quiz. If you created the questions directly in the quiz and they are not in a question group, then the questions shouldn't be randomized. If they are, then you would want to contact support.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bbrogan ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie