cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why aren't Grades and Speed Grader Synchronized for Student Submission of Documents?

Jump to solution

A student resubmitted an assignment, but when I checked in Grades for that document, all I could see was the original one. Finally, I checked the document in Speed Grader and was shocked to see the new one he had insisted he had submitted was included there. Now I don't feel like I can trust what I see in Grades (as far as documents included there). Why aren't Grades and Speed Grader synchronized, or am I doing something incorrectly? I prefer to submit in Grades and that's been my go-to spot, but now ... I wonder what else I might have missed. Please clarify.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

brashear@apu.edu, the best place to check for new submissions from students is the "To Do" list either on your Canvas dashboard or on your Canvas Course homepage. If the student resubmitted a graded assignment it will show up there. As for the gradebook not syncing with Speedgrader, I believe it's that the Gradebook is showing the current grade for that assignment. Speedgrader would also show the current grade and any new submissions. Yet, it would be quite tedious to continually click back through Speedgrader for every assignment, which is why the Instructor "To Do" list is your go-to place for checking on new things that need to be graded. Here's a guide that explains more about how to use the To Do list - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12905-4152719658 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

brashear@apu.edu, the best place to check for new submissions from students is the "To Do" list either on your Canvas dashboard or on your Canvas Course homepage. If the student resubmitted a graded assignment it will show up there. As for the gradebook not syncing with Speedgrader, I believe it's that the Gradebook is showing the current grade for that assignment. Speedgrader would also show the current grade and any new submissions. Yet, it would be quite tedious to continually click back through Speedgrader for every assignment, which is why the Instructor "To Do" list is your go-to place for checking on new things that need to be graded. Here's a guide that explains more about how to use the To Do list - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12905-4152719658 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you! I'll use the To Do list to look for latest submissions to grade.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Great! Glad I could help! 🙂