Why aren't the closing dates for my assignments moving when I shift the due dates in Calendar?

Jump to solution
stevec
Community Contributor

I've been moving assignments around for Winter Term, and some of them just stubbornly refused to move to the date I wanted--but only if I was moving them to a later date. It turns out I had specified closing dates for the assignments which were the same as the due date (I don't accept some of my assignments late) and Calendar was unable to change both the due date AND the closing date simultaneously. Is this a glitch in Calendar, or just one of those lovely things that we'll have to learn to live with? Is there a quicker work-around than individually editing each assignment? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @stevec 

You are correct in that you cannot move assignments in the calendar and have it adjust the available dates. Moving assignments in the calendar only affects the due date. Even if you move the assignment to an earlier date, you still have to adjust the availability date, as only the due date was changed.

Instructure did create a tool that will allow you to see all of your activities and edit their due date and availability dates on one page. See this guide,  

How do I bulk update due dates and availability dates as an instructor?

View solution in original post