Why can't i take my quiz without an access code?

Jump to solution
pjohns601
Community Novice

Before now, i never needed an access code. I've already contacted my instructor and he said he has no control over passwords and access codes. 

1 Solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @pjohns601 and welcome to the Canvas Community. You've actually posted your question to a worldwide community where users from different institutions discuss their experiences of using Canvas. This means community members don't have access to course content from individual schools and colleges, so we can't check your quiz to see why you're being asked for an access code. From your description it sounds like this particular quiz has been set up differently from the ones you've taken previously, and perhaps the instructor who created the quiz turned on the setting to ask for an access code without realising. If the instructor has said he's not able to solve the problem, I recommend asking the technical support team at your college. They should have access to your Canvas system and will be able to check how the quiz has been set up. Your email address suggests you're a student at City College Of San Fransisco and on their website I can see that you can ask for technical support here: https://www.ccsf.edu/en/employee-services/technology-services2.html 
Good luck in getting access to your quiz!

View solution in original post