cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finnegan
Surveyor II

Why can't my students see the "people" tab to sign up for groups?

I've followed the instructions for creating self-sign-up groups for a group project. The instructions say that students should go to "People" and from there will find the group set and can create their groups. I've created the groups under "people" and within the assignment itself. However, when I look at the student view, there is no "people" tab, and my students are not seeing it either. They also can't access group sign-up through the assignment. I've looked in the instructor guide but it's not solving my problem. Hope someone here can! Thanks very much.

13 Replies

They will be able to see groups if you set them up.  You could assign a discussion separately to each section and then let them post who they want in their group.  You still have to setup the groups but you don't have to use paper for the signup.  They get a Groups icon on their global navigation bar.

Yes  @kblack   That is the one I was trying to find.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@finnegan ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie