cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmyDeckard
Surveyor

Why can't one of my students see the Find Appointment button on Canvas

One of my students wants to sign up for Office Hours, but the Find Appointment button is not on her screen for her to sign up.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AmyDeckard ...

Per this student Guide, How do I sign up for a Scheduler appointment in th... - Canvas Community, it appears as though the Scheduler tool in the Calendar would need to be enabled by your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  Do you know if this has been enabled at your school?  You may have to check with folks at your school who have administrator access to Canvas in order to find out for sure.

I hope this will be of some help to you, Amy.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

AmyDeckard
Surveyor

Thank you for responding!  I am a Cohort Leader for the Texas Education Agency.  I do not belong to a school.  All Texas teachers are required to take the Texas Reading Academy online.  It is an 11 month process and I lead a cohort through the process.  I have office hours and this particular student says she does not have the Find Appointment button on her Calendar View.  I had put the same link you provided in an Announcement earlier in the year, but it is not helpful to her because she says there is not a Find Appointment button.   

Hello there, @AmyDeckard ...

Do you know if you are using the Free For Teachers version of Canvas?  If so, there is no back-end administrative functions that you'd be able to access in order to turn on the option referenced in the Guide I linked for you ... as far as I am aware.  However, if you are using a paid Canvas environment and happen to know who the local Canvas administrator(s), that would be the person(s) to talk with about enabling this at the Canvas account level...if it's not already enabled.

It has been enabled for all of my other students.  She has not kept up with work and now wants to meet.  She went to her school admin, who I had tutored on how to sign up for Office Hours, and he said they could not find the button on her screen.... 

I have told her to go to the help button for someone to help her... she has not answered me in over a week, so at this point, it is in her court.