cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why can't you add an announcement to a module?

Jump to solution

I assign weekly modules that I post on Monday and students' work is due on Friday.

I would like to have announcements within the module so students can go to one place (their weekly module) to find everything they need from me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ckiser@neusecharterschool.org and Deactivated user...

Unfortunately, Announcements cannot be added to the "Modules" index page of a Canvas course.  They are two separate things.  However, what you *could* do is set your "Modules" to be your "Home" page (the first thing that students see when they log in to your course) and also have a few announcements display above your modules list.

1. How do I change the Course Home Page? (choose "Course Modules" to make your "Home" page show the modules of your course right away)
  2. How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it might be close.  I hope it will work for your needs.  Sing out if you have any questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ckiser@neusecharterschool.org and Deactivated user...

Unfortunately, Announcements cannot be added to the "Modules" index page of a Canvas course.  They are two separate things.  However, what you *could* do is set your "Modules" to be your "Home" page (the first thing that students see when they log in to your course) and also have a few announcements display above your modules list.

1. How do I change the Course Home Page? (choose "Course Modules" to make your "Home" page show the modules of your course right away)
  2. How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it might be close.  I hope it will work for your needs.  Sing out if you have any questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Chris Kiser

Neuse Charter School

919-626-2343

Labels