cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why do I need an overall grade for an ungraded rubric?

Why does the Submission types box disappear when we select Not graded? For competency based courses I want the student be able to submit their assignment, get it marked and then just look at the ungraded rubric and see if they are 'Satisfactory' or 'Not yet satisfactory' in each competency. I don't want an overall grade.

If I select points and set up a mapping to a marking scheme the student sees a large percentage (with a circle around it) on their phone and then they get upset because they didn't get as much as their friend.

The ungraded rubric feature is great but I think you need to bite the bullet and remove the mandatory grading for a rubric.

David.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

u0315966@utah.edu,

First, I want to apologize for your question sitting in the community for so long without a response.

Second, it looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

How we keep your questions flowing!

Robbie

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels