cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why do I see NEW announcements from Commons resource?

Jump to solution

I imported a great course from the Canvas Commons into one of my courses last month (April 26). Last week (May 3 & 4), I received two announcements that were sent from my course by the person who shared the resource to the Commons! I'm glad that my course is used only for training purposes and my colleagues are the students in the course, but I am concerned about how that happened. From what I can find in the Guides resources Updating Resources with Commons (Infographics) and How do I view updates to resources I previously imported from Commons?, resources in my course import should only update if I manually do so. Is my understanding accurate? Is there a way to stop announcements from auto-posting?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

shanaegalloway@nnu.edu, are you sure that the announcements weren't already in the course and scheduled to be sent out during last week (May 3 & 4)? I only ask because you are correct that announcements being added and sent out after you imported it from Commons shouldn't have happened.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

shanaegalloway@nnu.edu, are you sure that the announcements weren't already in the course and scheduled to be sent out during last week (May 3 & 4)? I only ask because you are correct that announcements being added and sent out after you imported it from Commons shouldn't have happened.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ah, Kona Jones‌, you're right! My email was inundated with announcements when I initially imported the course. I checked all of the announcements that were imported to the course, but I didn't check the specific announcement settings. Then, after getting another email, I checked the dates they were posted, but again, I did not check the announcement settings to see the "delay posting" for those two announcements. Thank you!

Highlighted

Very good! Glad you were able to figure out the problem and get it fixed!