cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why do links not work for everyone?

Jump to solution

My partner and I are writing courses for HS students.  She uploaded a pdf version of a page into Canvas, and linked it to a button we made.  When I click on the button, I get the pdf; when she clicks, it goes to another window to save the file.  Both are using Chrome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

9927744@cherokeek12.net‌, I did a search for this in Google, and discovered that the most likely culprit is that even though both you and your partner are using Chrome, your settings for handling PDF documents are different. To check, click on Chrome Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings > PDF documents. You'll see an option to toggle or untoggle Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

9927744@cherokeek12.net‌, I did a search for this in Google, and discovered that the most likely culprit is that even though both you and your partner are using Chrome, your settings for handling PDF documents are different. To check, click on Chrome Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings > PDF documents. You'll see an option to toggle or untoggle Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you!

Labels