cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahhoffman
Community Member

Why do my letter grades change to zeros when exporting grades to excel?

Does anyone know why my letter grades change to zero when I export my grades to excel? Thanks.

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ahhoffman ​, do you mean the current and final course grade (last two columns on the excel sheet) or an assignment that you set-up to display as a grade? I just checked and the points are showing up for the Discussion that was using a letter grade and the Letter Grade was showing up for the current and final course grade (last two columns) when I download my grades.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

As a follow up question - If you are talking about an assignment, in your gradebook does the number of points show up next to the letter grade? See example below.

LetterGradeExample.png

a_gardiner
Community Member

Hi Kona,

I believe what Adam may be referring to, is when you don't want to apply a point value, only a letter grade to an assignment.

This means when you export the gradebook the assignments appear as 0 points, or what ever points are assigned by the grading scheme.

I think what Adam (and myself) may be after, is a way of exporting the gradebook that shows the letter value, not the points value, in the csv, like what the final grade does.

If this isn't what Adman was after I apologize for hijacking his thread.

@a_gardiner , Ah, that makes sense!

Have you thought about creating a Canvas Feature Idea​ for this?

a_gardiner
Community Member

After looking around, I think that's what i'll need to do. There are some other ideas that are close but not quite what i'm looking for. Thanks.

Feature Idea! Surely this should be a basic setting. Is this one of those "features" that get deliberately left out so that the developers can "upgrade" the software at a later date?

This lack of basic functionality is unacceptable.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ahhoffman ​, were my suggestions useful? Did they help answer your question?