Why does SpeedGrader show a checkmark by names of students who have not even submitted the assignmen

Jump to solution
donnahunter
Community Explorer

I get the dot by "needs grading" and the checkmark by "graded." But I don't get the checkmark by "hasn't even opened the assignment, probably doesn't know it exists."  Can you make this make sense please?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @donnahunter 

The check mark means that the assignment has been graded in SpeedGrader. So even if you have given a score of zero, because the student did not submit the assignment, then SpeedGrader adds the check mark. I like this feature because it tell me I have looked at that student for a specific assignment. If I don't see the check mark, it reminds me to go in and enter a zero for the missing assignment, which keeps the Gradebook clean and accurate.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Hi again, @donnahunter !

If it was auto-graded as a zero, then that is a score (grade), and SpeedGrader will mark it with a checkmark. Have you checked to see if a grade was recorded, even a zeron?

If no grade was recorded and you still see a checkmark, then my only suggestion would be to contact Canvas Support. Go to Help > then click "Report a Problem".

Good luck.

Kelley

View solution in original post