cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bclark9
Community Member

Why does a quiz/exam show a grade as soon as a student submits? How do I block this from happening.

I just gave my first exam in Canvas.  As soon as the student submit their exam it showed how many they got correct out of the total number possible.  I still have to do some manual grading so that score is not correct and so it is freaking some students out.  Plus I still need to look at my questions to make sure they were good questions.

It is a very difficult time in class right now, so that showing up right away is not a good motivator for the students.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nwilson7
Adventurer II

Hello  @bclark9 ‌, you can set this item to a "Manually Post Grades" item so that students will not see any score until you post the grades for that quiz.  

This is done by clicking the 3 dots next to the assignment/quiz in the gradebook and switching it from Automatically post to Manually post.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bclark9 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

How we keep your questions flowing!

Robbie

Robbie,

I was able to find an answer to this question, so you can mark this question answered.

Thanks.