Why does a student see " locked" on a quiz I've set-up?

Jump to solution
jay
Community Novice

Hi.

Please can anyone better explain this for me, as there's not much help on the Q&A thread, One post says check certian things and then says "contact canvas" - which is not helpful.

• I set-up a quiz - as with previous weeks on my course which have been fine. 
  • I set the correct dates and published it, like before.
  • However, students are saying that the Quiz is locked?
  • I checked to make sure I had not hit "Lock this quiz Now"
  • I can't see why the students see locked at their end, and yet it is published and not locked my side.
  • 307588_pastedImage_1.png
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jay ...

Since the majority of Canvas Community members would not have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment, it's tough to troubleshoot this.  However, is this particular quiz included in one of your modules in your course?  And, if so, do you have any prerequisites and/or requirements set for that module that would prevent students from opening the quiz until certain other criteria has been met?

Also, I noticed at the bottom of your quiz that it says the quiz is for "February 2019".  This means that you've created a group set in your "People" page called "February 2019".  Are there only a select number of students in that particular group set?  If so, are the students NOT in that group set the ones who CANNOT access the quiz?  If you want all students to access this quiz, then you are going to have to change this to "Everyone" rather than "February 2019".

That's where I would start...and if students are still having difficulties with this, you might want to reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Hope this helps, Jay.

View solution in original post

pjmcgann
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem.  I followed the same procedures as before for copying a quiz a making it available for one student as a make up.  The student is selected, the time period is set, the quiz is not locked, and the quiz is published- - but the student finds that the quiz is locked even though the time window is open and the quiz is NOT locked on my end.  😞

View solution in original post

0 Likes