cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why does a test I published suddenly not show up in the add item window when I try to load it into a module?

I cannot get a test I created to load into a test module page. When I go to the add the test the published test does not show up in the listed quizzes in the add item window.  It shows up in the "to do" window on the right side of the page, and it shows up in the gradebook.  But, I cannot access it to load it into my module.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

By any chance did you create it using Quizzes.Next?  If so, check under Assignments to see if it's listed there when adding to a module.  

Rick

Highlighted
Navigator

Hello there, mthro@chaminade-stl.com...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on December 6, 2018.  It looks like rmurchshafer@unomaha.edu gave you some good advice...to not only check your "Quizzes" drop-down menu but to also check your "Assignments" drop-down menu if, in fact, you are using Quizzes.Next.  Another thing I'll mention is that if you have a lot of items to choose from, it can be a lot to look through since they aren't alphabetized by default.  james@richland.edu‌ has come up with a solution to fix this so that you can find your created content items easier when adding them to modules: How to List Items Alphabetically when Adding to a Module.  This is a "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) that is not part of the "core" Canvas product.  You might find it helpful/useful.  I know I sure do!

I'm hoping that Rick's feedback has helped to answer your question.  If that's the case, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply.  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this topic to let us know how we might be able to help.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Michael.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Labels