cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdwuggazer
Community Member

Why does spell check not work in the content editor of Canvas?

Jump to solution

I am using a chromebook to log into Canvas through Google Chrome and when in the content editor the spell check feature does not work.  Any help would be appeciated.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris - 

I found the solution.  When in the content editor, if I right click in the text field, I can select spellcheck and then 'inspect the spelling in the text field option'.  Wow!  It works though and it saves the action so if I am in there again, it works!  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sdwuggazer  Thank You for posting your question.  I do not own a Chromebook, so these directions may not help at all, but I did a Google search to see if I could find out any information for you as it relates to your Chromebook and the web browser on that computer.  Here's what I found:

Steps To Turn On Spell Checker in Google Chrome
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced Settings.
  3. Under Privacy, find out “Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors”.
  4. Turn on the feature by tapping on the slider. The slider will turn blue when the spelling checker is turned on.

Also, in Google Chrome, you might try clicking on the three-dot kebab icon in the upper right corner and then going to "Settings".  Click on "Advanced" near the bottom of the screen, and you may see a heading for "Languages".  Make sure that spell check is turned on here, too.

Hope this helps a bit, Scott.

Chris - 

I found the solution.  When in the content editor, if I right click in the text field, I can select spellcheck and then 'inspect the spelling in the text field option'.  Wow!  It works though and it saves the action so if I am in there again, it works!  

View solution in original post