cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why don't my courses show when I use a desktop version of Canvas?

Jump to solution

I tried logging in on a school computer to look at the assignment we are working on and it appears on my account that I have never been signed up for a course. When I sign in on the mobile app however, it does show me the course and everything works fine. Could the reason be because I had enrolled for the course on the Canvas mobile app and not on a desktop version?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi gabriel_reyes4373@elcamino.edu  and welcome to the Canvas Community. When viewing the dashboard in the desktop/web browser version, Canvas only shows a subset of the total courses that a student is enrolled on - the ones that are set as "favorites". To see your full list of courses, click the "Courses" menu on the left and then click "All courses". Some of the courses on that list will have a yellow star - these are the "favorites". The ones with a white star are not favorites so aren't shown on your dashboard. Clicking the white star next to a course will turn it yellow, which makes the course a favorite so it appears on your dashboard. See this page for details: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi gabriel_reyes4373@elcamino.edu  and welcome to the Canvas Community. When viewing the dashboard in the desktop/web browser version, Canvas only shows a subset of the total courses that a student is enrolled on - the ones that are set as "favorites". To see your full list of courses, click the "Courses" menu on the left and then click "All courses". Some of the courses on that list will have a yellow star - these are the "favorites". The ones with a white star are not favorites so aren't shown on your dashboard. Clicking the white star next to a course will turn it yellow, which makes the course a favorite so it appears on your dashboard. See this page for details: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

View solution in original post

Labels