cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why is Arc failing to upload a video?

Jump to solution

Today I recorded a 17 minute video and tried to upload it to Arc as I normally do.  I got a message that the upload failed and was asked if I was on a "restricted network at a school or a business?" The drop-down box offers a "retry" which I've tried many times and it still fails.  Bummed I'm going to have to record this entire piece again. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Forgot to mention that this happened at home - where I am NOT on a restricted network.  Update - I was forced to stop the upload but fortunately the program allowed me to retry uploading it again and the second attempt was successful.  Problem solved but I still don't know why this happened.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Forgot to mention that this happened at home - where I am NOT on a restricted network.  Update - I was forced to stop the upload but fortunately the program allowed me to retry uploading it again and the second attempt was successful.  Problem solved but I still don't know why this happened.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I am getting an upload error stating I need to check my anti-virus or network. When I asked the canvas help desk, they have no idea, asked my IT help desk at work, no idea. Asked the university I work for and they want to wipe my PC. I just uploaded a video in the beginning of Feb with zero issues, today (3 weeks later), I can't and no can tell me why or fix it. Anyone else getting this error?

Highlighted

I have a teacher reporting the same issue. She recorded a video and then got an Arc error while trying to upload. Any fix for this? 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, sharked@crc.losrios.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you.  We also have Arc at our school, and I haven't had any issues... with videos that are a few hundred MB in file size.  I'm glad to see that you were finally able to get the video uploaded.  Did you figure out at all why the video wasn't uploading for you initially?  Did you report this to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk, by chance?  If so, what did they say?  I'll go ahead and mark your reply as "Correct" because you indicated that the problem is solved, but if you do figure out why the video was having issues uploading, please come back to this posting to provide an update.  Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

No, I never did figure out why it happened.  Because others (above) report experiencing the same issue, I chalk it up to a glitch in the software somewhere.