cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsullivan1
Surveyor

Why is auto open inline preview displaying entire document now?

It used to preview document in a set sized window. Is there a way to preview documents in a set sized window again (like it was last month when my class started)? It's frustrating to have your course functioning one way when the semester begins, then after an "update", the class functions of n a different way. 

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jsullivan1 ‌, I was not able to replicate this behavior either with a document I had uploaded previously or with a newly-uploaded one. First, I went back to look at a document I'd set to auto open in an old sandbox course, and it still displays in the new DocViewer viewer in a frame of set size. Then, I created a new page and uploaded a new document, then set it to auto open for inline preview. In this case as well, the frame viewer is of a set size, and appears to be the same size as it was before the launch of DocViewer.

Have you initiated a support case for this so that a member of Canvas Support can have a look at what you're seeing? You can do that by following the instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10158-4152719652?sr=search&searchId=07a4139e-dfd5-4b3b-bd66... and selecting the Report a Problem option.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jsullivan1 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie