cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvm5946
Community Member

Why is canvas always blank on my iPad, but not on my laptop?

Jump to solution

On my iPad, I can log into Canvas without any problems, but when I try to access information in my classes in "Files" or "Modules" or even the syllabus, it's like the page never loads.  I can see the HTML tag is correct, but on my iPad, it doesn't show my files or links or assignments.  On my laptop, it works just fine.  I've tried four other browsers, so I know it's not related to which browser is used.  Does Canvas just hate Apple products or...?  Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@kvm5946 ‌, unfortunately, if the device you're using is too old to support updated browser versions, and/or if the device OS doesn't support the apps, you'll need to switch to a different device. We have to periodically have to update Canvas so that it can take advantage of the capabilities of more modern web technology in use by a majority of users and to guard against security and performance issues with older technology.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kvm5946 ,

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

If you are accessing Canvas from a mobile device (such as an iPad) it is recommend to use the appropriate app depending on your role (Canvas Student App or Canvas Teach App).  

A lot of the functionality inside of Canvas requires a more robust browser than come on most mobile devices.  I have found that Puffin works well on the iPad (Puffin Browser on iOS - It’s wicked fast! )

Hopefully this helps!!!

Robbie

Robbie,

Thanks for trying, but neither of those things worked.  Apparently my iPad is too old to download the app and Puffin isn't supported by Canvas (I tried), so it didn't load at all, and that was after trying to log in for 25 minutes.  I appreciate the help, but I'm gonna need a different solution.

I use Firefox, which says it's supported, and I have the latest updates, but it just isn't letting me see any of my modules or files when I click on my classes.  I've heard other people are having this problem, too, but it's usually with Safari.  I've tried Chrome and Edge as well, but now I'm out of ideas.

Tanner

@kvm5946 ‌, unfortunately, if the device you're using is too old to support updated browser versions, and/or if the device OS doesn't support the apps, you'll need to switch to a different device. We have to periodically have to update Canvas so that it can take advantage of the capabilities of more modern web technology in use by a majority of users and to guard against security and performance issues with older technology.

View solution in original post