cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Why is my video making my home page jump to the bottom of the page?

Jump to solution

I added a Studio video to my Home page in my course, and now when I reload my Home page it keeps automatically jumping to the bottom of the page where the video is embedded instead of loading and just staying at the top. How do I make it load normally?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, sonphlour2@aol.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  This is also happening on my end, too, with embedded Studio videos.  After talking with tech support at Instructure, I ended up creating a new Feature Idea...because I'm not really liking that pages are now "focusing" on the Studio video first...especially if the video isn't placed at the top of a page.  Please check out my Feature Idea which includes the reason for the change: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14680-embedded-studio-videos-on-a-page-jump-to-where-they-are-....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sonphlour2@aol.comand welcome to the Community!  I don't have Studio but am curious if you have tried in a couple of different browsers like FireFox and Chrome.  Also, have you tried clearing your browser cache to see if this helps?  Sometimes these actions fix issues!

You might also consider contacting Canvas Support to see if they have heard of this issue occurring if no one else responds here with insight.

All the best!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, sonphlour2@aol.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  This is also happening on my end, too, with embedded Studio videos.  After talking with tech support at Instructure, I ended up creating a new Feature Idea...because I'm not really liking that pages are now "focusing" on the Studio video first...especially if the video isn't placed at the top of a page.  Please check out my Feature Idea which includes the reason for the change: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14680-embedded-studio-videos-on-a-page-jump-to-where-they-are-....

View solution in original post

Labels