cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehlm_hamsher
Community Member

Why is the ck12 integration not working?

Jump to solution

Anyone else having trouble assigning ck12 adaptive practices?  This week (10/25/18) I got the message below when I tried too use the ck12 external tool link in the edit assignment mode.  Really frustrating as it has been working seamlessly all fall!

295579_pastedImage_1.png@@@@@@@

Any help with this issue would be awesome!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Mark

Since CK12 is an outside system which can get integrated into Canvas, there are several things which could have been causing the issue; including some problem with that system at the time you tried to access it.  I don't use CK12 but do have the integration set up on one instance of Canvas I have access to and it appear to be working fine for me right now.  Have you tried it again since receiving that error message?  It might be worth reaching out the CK12 support as well to see if they know of any current issues.

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Mark

Since CK12 is an outside system which can get integrated into Canvas, there are several things which could have been causing the issue; including some problem with that system at the time you tried to access it.  I don't use CK12 but do have the integration set up on one instance of Canvas I have access to and it appear to be working fine for me right now.  Have you tried it again since receiving that error message?  It might be worth reaching out the CK12 support as well to see if they know of any current issues.

Rick

View solution in original post

morris_gart
Surveyor

Mark did you ever get this resolved?  If so, how.  I have one student in Canvas who is having this issue but all other students are working just fine.

I also have one student in Canvas who is having issues with CK-12.  The other students are able to access the adaptive practice, but one student receives the following message.  Gart, did you determine what was causing the issue for your student?

336297_Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 4.15.40 PM.png

The student had a duplicate account they had already created. Had to have that account removed from CK to get the integration to work for that student.

Sent from my iPhone

ehlm_hamsher
Community Member

I did.  I had connected Canvas to an old ck12 account.  When I deleted the old ck12 account it stopped working for Canvas.  Luckily ck12 could re-instate the old account and then it started working again.