Why isn't a jpeg image showing?

Jump to solution
david_jull-patt
Community Novice

I've tried to add a jpeg image a number of different ways; when I look at the page where I want it to be, I get a small box with a blue questions mark icon in its place.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

David,

Are you using Safari as your web browser?  That could be the issue as there is a problem with a security setting Apple added to Safari several months ago.  Below is information from https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-what-are-the-browser-and-computer-requirements-for-ca... 

Note: Safari 13.1 contains an update that may cause issues with downloading files, chat alerts, and displaying images in Canvas. Canvas engineers are currently working on a solution for this issue. Until then, you can avoid errors with files and images by disabling cross-site tracking prevention in Safari when using Canvas. 

So you can try disabling cross-site tracking if using Safari, but personally I suggest using Chrome or Firefox with Canvas.  I'm a Mac user even but I don't use Safari because of issues like this.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Thanks so much for your help, Rick. I shifted to Firefox and all problems disappeared.

Cheers,

David

View solution in original post

0 Likes