Will Canvas ever produce software that will lock students into a quiz so they are unable to view other Web pages?

Jump to solution
cjwakefield
Community Novice

I use the quiz feature on Canvas when I build my tests. Its incredible, saves time and gives perfect results. There is only one minor complain I have though. Will Canvas ever produce software that will lock students into a quiz so they are unable to view other Web pages? This will provide security to the quiz and also limit the students temptations to cheat. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cjwakefield  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  While I cannot speak for Instructure, I do know that there is a third-party integration with Canvas called Respondus LockDown Browser that is already available and could meet your needs.  This is a paid product, however.  So, if you are not an administrator for your school's Canvas environment, you'd want to reach out to that person at your school to see if this might be something that could fit within your school's budget.  There's a bit more information found in these two EduAppCenter pages:

In addition to the above links, I also searched the Community to see if I could find any existing Feature Ideas.  I came across the following:

If either or both of these Feature Ideas align with something you'd like to see implemented by Canvas engineers, please consider giving them a vote and maybe post a note in each letting Instructure know why this kind of thing would be important to you.  Instructure staff does read our suggestions, and they value our input.   What is the feature development process for Canvas?

All this being said, students could still use their mobile devices to look up answers (if you did not take those devices away from them prior to taking a quiz).

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Caleb.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes