cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaron_bahmer
Adventurer

With canvabadges installed, where do students see their badges?

Jump to solution

In reference to Kung Fu Canvas, I have installed canvabadges into my instance of this course. I've also gone through the course and earned badges. Where do students see them? Where do I, as instructor, see the student badges? Can other students see the badges their classmates have earned? Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @aaron_bahmer ‌!  

In order to see badges that have been awarded, someone would need to look at the profile of the user to see what they've earned.  Even then, it only shows the badges in profiles if the javascript has been installed as mentioned in step 3 of the instructions on canvabadges.org.

Canvabadges is a nice starter system for those who are exploring badges, but it does lack reporting features.

If you are going to use badging in your courses for more than a semester or two, I recommend looking into a more robust badging system with one of our partners like Badgr or Credly.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aaron_bahmer , these are good questions.  Although there are a number of folks, particularly those who participated in the discussion on the bottom of Kung Fu Canvas, who may be able to provide insight, I am also going to bring this question to the attention of Deactivated user. 

Best wishes!

mcowen
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @aaron_bahmer ‌!  

In order to see badges that have been awarded, someone would need to look at the profile of the user to see what they've earned.  Even then, it only shows the badges in profiles if the javascript has been installed as mentioned in step 3 of the instructions on canvabadges.org.

Canvabadges is a nice starter system for those who are exploring badges, but it does lack reporting features.

If you are going to use badging in your courses for more than a semester or two, I recommend looking into a more robust badging system with one of our partners like Badgr or Credly.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thanks, Deactivated user