Workgroup

Jump to solution
jchrisl
Community Novice

Is there a way to create additional groups within a Work-group and add content like modules within this group? I can create groups, but there is no way for me to access the groups themselves currently. 

Hopefully, that makes sense. 

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Julie,

I have partial answers to your questions.  You can't really create Groups within Groups. You also can't create Modules within groups either.  I think that rational for this is that module are more designed to deliver content whereas groups are meant for collaborative work.  You CAN however get into groups to see how they look but going to People, click on the Group Set tab across the top, and then to the right of a group click the 3 dots and select Visit Group Homepage.  

While you can't add modules you can add files, create pages, discussions, conferences and collaborations.  But, keep in mind that in a group pretty much everyone is equal.  So all members can post, edit and delete content.  It's not like a course where typically only a teacher creates the content.

I hope this helps explain things a little.  I've included links below specific to viewing a group homepage, and groups in general from a teacher perspective.

How do I view content and student activity within a group as an instructor? 

Canvas Instructor Guide - Table of Contents

Instructor Guide pages for Groups

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes