cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjhammen
Community Member

Working offline in Canvas - is it possible?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to work offline in Canvas and make updates and changes to course materials that will take effect once back online?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kjhammen ,

The web interface by its very nature is not available for offline use and requires an active internet connection. The mobile app(s) would be the next logical place to think of as a possibility.

I am aware at this point in time that the mobile apps are not usable offline (hence, require an active internet connection). I did some digging in the community and found these feature ideas that came up in the past, but did not garner a large number of votes:

As with anything, time can change these things, so if it is something you would like to see, (which specifically in your case would be for the modifying of content etc) you could create a new feature idea. I can tell that this is one that would need you to champion it with other members of the community to help it gain traction, but that is certainly something you could do.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kjhammen ,

The web interface by its very nature is not available for offline use and requires an active internet connection. The mobile app(s) would be the next logical place to think of as a possibility.

I am aware at this point in time that the mobile apps are not usable offline (hence, require an active internet connection). I did some digging in the community and found these feature ideas that came up in the past, but did not garner a large number of votes:

As with anything, time can change these things, so if it is something you would like to see, (which specifically in your case would be for the modifying of content etc) you could create a new feature idea. I can tell that this is one that would need you to champion it with other members of the community to help it gain traction, but that is certainly something you could do.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post