cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Workrooms Disappeared After Trying to Cross List

I had two workrooms. One for my U.S. Government course and one for my U.S. History course.  I tried to cross list the workroom with my U.S. Government sections and both of my workrooms suddenly disappeared.  They are no where to be found.  Months of work gone.  What happened and how do I get them back?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rathomas ...

When you cross-list two courses together, the enrollments from one of the courses move over to the other course.  If you de-cross-list your two courses, the enrollments will return to both courses, and you should see the content you were looking for.  Cross-listing does not move content from one course to another..only the enrollments.  Please check out the information in these Guides:

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, I appreciate the information but I have been successfully cross-listing courses for years.  This is the first time my master courses (work rooms) disappeared.  I can't even un-list them because they are gone.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@rathomas ...

To be sure, are you able to go into any of the courses that you had originally cross-listed and then use the de-cross-list linked Guide that I provided to you a bit earlier this evening?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I can go into to the course but there is no de-list option and the original course that was a workroom is gone as well as the other workroom I had.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@rathomas ...

Do you have a local Canvas administrator at your school that you'd be able to get in contact with on Monday morning to look at this with you?  Since the vast majority of people here in the Community do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, it's a bit hard to troubleshoot this issue with you without being able to see your course environment.  The other option for you would be to reach out to Canvas tech support via the "Help" global navigation button on the left hand side of your Canvas screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I emailed our districts lead on Canvas this morning.  I have been using Canvas for 5 years.  I was a controller. I have cross listed many courses and I have never seen workrooms disappear.  Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos