cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

YouTube in Canvas Studio Video

Is there a way to add a YouTube video into my Canvas Studio video?  I see an option to add a video saved on my computer, but is there a way to include a YouTube video in the middle of my lesson?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi barlarj@floridacollege.edu,

You can add YouTube videos to your Studio uploads page. See How do I upload media in Canvas Studio? If you are not able to upload a YouTube video, please contact your Studio Admin to enable the permission to add media from YouTube.

Best wishes,

Alli

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm able to do that, but what about if I want to be speaking in a video, then show a YouTube video, and go back to speaking.  Can I incorporate all of that into one video or do I need to separate it out into 3 separate videos?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You can use the screen capture application within Studio. See How do I record a Canvas Studio screen capture video in a course? You can choose between the different recording options: screen, webcam, or both. To view yourself speaking and the screen showing a YouTube video, choose the 'both' recording option. Please let me know if that works for you.

Best wishes,

Alli

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @afoote, I can upload videos from YouTube into my Canvas Studio but have another question. Do videos brought into Studio from YouTube retain their captions (if they already had them)?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @ajcampbell,

YouTube videos brought into Studio do not retain their captions. For more information about Studio, please view the Studio Users Group.

Best wishes,

Alli

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply Alli very helpful! 

0 Kudos
Labels