cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burcuh
Community Member

Your photo

Jump to solution

Did anyone have issues uploading their photo on the main Canvas profile? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dro247
Community Member

I figured it out.  You have to create a GRAVATAR profile and change your pic on the Gravatar page and then upload it from the user profile.  It's free to create a Gravatar.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @burcuh ...

I've seen at least one other thread here in the Community today where other people are having issues with adding a photo to their Canvas profile.  To be sure, are you using the instructions included in either of these Guides?

Please also note the information in the blue box at the top of each of those Guides...as you may not be able to upload a photo based on your school's preferences/configuration.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

burcuh
Community Member

Hi Chris:

I followed the same instructions. There is a place holder for the photo. I upload the .gif extension photo from my desktop. All goes well. I save it and the window disappears and when I am back on my profile page, there is no photo. I did this maybe 5 or 6 times today and I still don't see a photo.

Thanks,

@burcuh  you may need to try a regular image file type.  Your school may have gifs restricted.

And that restriction is merely a guess.  I'm not sure gifs are accepted as a profile picture at all.

Hi Renee:

I tried JPEG and GIF and neither worked.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@burcuh ...

Can you check something for me?  In Canvas, go to your "Account" button and then click on "Files".  This is your personal files space that nobody else has access to.  At the bottom of the screen, you should see some kind of indicator of how much space you have and how much has been used.  Do you still have space available to upload files to your personal files area?

Also, the links to the Guides I provided state that JPGs, GIFs, and PNGs are acceptable file types.

burcuh
Community Member

Chris, I set up my account this morning. I should have plenty of space Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @burcuh ...

What web browser are you using?  In general, you should be using an up-to-date version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  Which browsers does Canvas support?‌  If you are using Chrome, have you tried uploading your photo with Firefox?  Or, vice versa?  Other than those things, you might want to reach out to the Canvas Help Desk folks to see if they have any other suggestions for you...as we here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment.  How to contact Canvas Support

burcuh
Community Member

I am using an up-to-date (just got the updates in yesterday) Mozilla browser for this task. I will contact the Support Desk. Thanks.