cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Zoom Recordings

I made a Zoom recording of a lecture, but I saved it to my local machine rather that to Zoom's Cloud feature. Is there a way to upload the local recording so it appears on the Zoom tab on Canvas? Can I upload the local recording to my Zoom Cloud recordings?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @jmnolfo ...

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to both of your questions is "no".  I'm assuming that you are using the Zoom integration with Canvas (where you have a Zoom button in your course navigation).  If so, this interface does not allow file uploads of any kind...including Zoom recordings that were saved to your local PC.  Also, I logged into my own Zoom account via the Zoom website, and I cannot find anywhere in my account where it would allow me to upload a locally saved recording back to the cloud.  I've also looked through my own user settings several times over the last many days, and I cannot recall any settings that would enable a way to upload Zoom recordings back to the cloud.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped in some way to answer your question...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Labels