Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelewood99
Community Member

a course has dropped from my canvas before the end date

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a course that closed and dropped from my main canvas screen at midnight on the last date for the last assignment due.  I tried to turn in my assignment and was locked out.  I emailed the teacher my assignment in hopes he will accept it, but I don't even know if he can see I'm still enrolled since canvas seemed to have dropped me before the course has ended. The teacher has set up a questionnaire that is not due until May 23, yet I cannot access that either.  Its as if I have been completely dropped from the course.  I am very frustrated.  I emailed the teacher and got a not very nice response from him like basically to bad for you.  Wow,

Can you please reopen the course for me?

Thank you

Michele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @michelewood99 ...

I am sorry to read that you have had a bad end-of-the-semester experience with one of your courses and your instructor.  Unfortunately, we cannot help with a situation like this here in the Canvas Community.  You posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where there are over 436,000 Canvas users who come here to ask questions, share ideas, blog, review "how to" Guides, collaborate, and a whole lot more...all about Canvas.  The vast majority of users here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment, nor do we have access to your course.  (And even if we did, it would be risky to change something on behalf of your instructor without his knowledge....as there may be policies in place at your school that dictate course start/end dates and course access.)  Since you have already tried contacting your instructor, I would also recommend that you reach out to someone at your school such as a local Canvas administrator, someone in your school's IT department, or someone in your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department to see if they can provide any additional help for you.  These people should be able to log in to your course and possibly even contact your instructor on your behalf.  I hope this information will be of help to you, Michele.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @michelewood99 ...

I am sorry to read that you have had a bad end-of-the-semester experience with one of your courses and your instructor.  Unfortunately, we cannot help with a situation like this here in the Canvas Community.  You posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where there are over 436,000 Canvas users who come here to ask questions, share ideas, blog, review "how to" Guides, collaborate, and a whole lot more...all about Canvas.  The vast majority of users here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment, nor do we have access to your course.  (And even if we did, it would be risky to change something on behalf of your instructor without his knowledge....as there may be policies in place at your school that dictate course start/end dates and course access.)  Since you have already tried contacting your instructor, I would also recommend that you reach out to someone at your school such as a local Canvas administrator, someone in your school's IT department, or someone in your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department to see if they can provide any additional help for you.  These people should be able to log in to your course and possibly even contact your instructor on your behalf.  I hope this information will be of help to you, Michele.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos