Community Member

absentee box

How do you get assignments from the absentee box

Tags (3)
2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @laura5 . Is the absentee box an assignment where students submit work if they were absent?  If so, then you should be able to access these using SpeedGrader (How do I use SpeedGrader?).   You can also download student submissions for an "assignment", which is described in this document, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12813  

Does this help?  

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @laura5 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on October 18, 2018.  It looks like ericwerth replied to you later that morning.  Have you had an opportunity to review his feedback?  The "absentee box" you mention isn't something that I am familiar with in Canvas (it's not a feature or terminology that Canvas has...as far as I'm aware), so like Eric, I am wondering if this was maybe an assignment that you had set up in your course.  If you feel that Eric's feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Laura.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.