Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

academic support looking up grades

Jump to solution

Is there any way that an educational resource teacher can look up student grades in a quick way. Right now they look up the student then navigate to enrollments and they have to click into each course and click on gradebook. There has to be a better way!!! Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Well, you can see I haven't had a lot of luck getting answers. I did find a solution... and I can't find the origianl post again to link you over, but I'll explain. It's a little long to get set up, but once support staff have their set caseload, they can create links or bookmarks to find grades. In the admin tab, in people, if you click on a student, look in the URL bar and you will see a number pop up. That is the number that canvas associates with that student. If you put into the URL https://yourschooldomain.instructure.com/users/(your student canvas number)/grades. This should bring you to a page with all of that student's grades. It won't say the student's name at the top, but you can click into each of the classes and see the name and see their individual grades in the course. I'm having my academic support teachers spend time with me on an upcoming PD day to create shortcuts in either a spreadsheet or bookmarks in the browser so they quickly and easily get to student grades.   Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm very keen to see replies to your question scunningham@caschools.uss a few principals I've been working with would like a similar arrangement.

Highlighted

Well, you can see I haven't had a lot of luck getting answers. I did find a solution... and I can't find the origianl post again to link you over, but I'll explain. It's a little long to get set up, but once support staff have their set caseload, they can create links or bookmarks to find grades. In the admin tab, in people, if you click on a student, look in the URL bar and you will see a number pop up. That is the number that canvas associates with that student. If you put into the URL https://yourschooldomain.instructure.com/users/(your student canvas number)/grades. This should bring you to a page with all of that student's grades. It won't say the student's name at the top, but you can click into each of the classes and see the name and see their individual grades in the course. I'm having my academic support teachers spend time with me on an upcoming PD day to create shortcuts in either a spreadsheet or bookmarks in the browser so they quickly and easily get to student grades.   Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is nifty. Thanks for explaining scunningham@caschools.us