accessing Canvas Conferences from Russia

Jump to solution
eva2
Community Explorer

Hello,

We have students located in Russia. For several days, they have been reporting problems logging into BigBlueButton conferences. Do you know of any issues from accessing Canvas Conferences from Russia?

Evelina Terzieva

AUBG

1 Solution
ffdixon
Partner
Partner

Hi,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton. I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and while can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

It could be a firewall issue. You can have them try logging into https://test.bigbluebutton.org/ (it will put them into an individual test room) to see if they can load the client, share audio, and share webcam.

If they can't access the test server, then the issue is likely on their end -- especially if they are the only person in the session that is having problems.

If they have a cell phone that can create a wireless hot spot, they could create a (temporary) hot spot for their computer and try accessing test again.  If it suddenly works, it's definitely their default network.

Regards,... Fred

View solution in original post