cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyoung4
Community Member

add a Help menu option to a sub-account

Jump to solution

How do you add a Help menu option to a sub-account without adding to the Root account?

Thank you,

Carson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Explorer

As far as I'm aware, that's not possible.  You can only set the Help menu for the full account, not subaccounts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abunag
Explorer

As far as I'm aware, that's not possible.  You can only set the Help menu for the full account, not subaccounts.

View solution in original post

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cyoung4  ~ I did some exploring, and  @abunag  is correct. As outlined in How do I customize the Canvas Help Menu for an account?‌, here are some important notes:

• Custom help links can only be viewed in Canvas web browsers. In mobile devices, the Canvas by Instructure app does not display custom help links.
  • Canvas Help Menu customizations are only available at the account level and automatically apply to all subaccounts. When opening the Help Menu, only admins can view the customization link.
  • Help Menu customizations are not available in Free-for-Teacher accounts.
  • The Help Menu links also display when a user accesses the Help link in the Login page. However, the Ask Your Instructor a Question and Ask the Community links are never part of the Help Menu in the Login page since the Login page does not associate a user by role.

I wouldn't be surprised if this would be helpful to other institutions as well. Feel free to create a new feature idea through Canvas Studio‌ and explain your thoughts! It would be an interesting conversation to have; I can see the application for different help menus, in HE (for different programs) or K12 (for different levels). If you create a Feature Idea, be sure to reply here too so others can easily connect the discussions.