Highlighted
Community Member

adding a computed grade column

Jump to solution

Can I add a grade column that is calculated based on another grade column?  For example, I want to add 3 points to everyone's exam grade.  How do I make a new grade column that is a function of another?  Is there an option to create a grade column based on a formula of other scores?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much.

I ended up downloading the a csv file and adding a new column that calculated the new exam score with the extra 3 points. Then I uploaded the csv file - that seemed to work.

Thanks for the other suggestions!

-Rebecca

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

rneumann@uwm.edu, Canvas doesn’t have this type of functionality. If the students took the exam in Canvas you could go to their exam in Speedgrader and give each student 3 “fudge points.” Or, if you manually entered the grades you could go through and just add the three points to everyone’s grade in the gradebook. Another thing you could do is create an assignment in the same assignment group as the exam and label it as “Exam 2 Extra points” and then give everyone 3 points on this assignment. 

I hope some some of these solutions will work for you!

Kona

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much.

I ended up downloading the a csv file and adding a new column that calculated the new exam score with the extra 3 points. Then I uploaded the csv file - that seemed to work.

Thanks for the other suggestions!

-Rebecca

View solution in original post