cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ovb18
Community Member

app notifications open in safari

Jump to solution

Hi, everytime I get a notification on my phone from the Canvas app, I usually click it and it takes me to what ever the notification was for on the app. As of recently, now when I get an app notification, I click it and it automatically opens up canvas on Safari and does not take me to the app. I deleted and redownloaded the app, but it is still making the same mistake. How do I fix this?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Danielle - The Canvas Mobile team is actively working on a solution. Watch Release Notes: Mobile‌ for the most up-to-date information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
abuhweijf2
Community Member

Yes, I need this problem solved too !!!

I've been facing the same problem, whenever I get a notification from the canvas on my phone, and I click on it I get directed to safari instead of the canvas app, and it is annoying. I keep having to log in on safari, which sucks also. All I want it to do is open the notification on the canvas app. 

This needs to be fixed !!!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

You're not the only people who as asked about this in the last few days.

How can I stop canvas from directing me to web browser? 

What happens when you tap the Canvas logo in the notification?

Hello,

When I click on the Canvas logo precisely from notifications, nothing happens, but when I click on it entirely, it takes me to the Canvas App Then directs me to safari. I have an IOS, by the way. 

I don't have any issues when I click on the Canvas App when it is on my screen; it takes me to the mobile version of Canvas. 

danielle_ramire
Community Member

I am having this issue as well. I’ve tried to delete and download the app again and nothing changes. When you tap the canvas logo in notification it opens in safari. This is incredibly frustrating especially during a time when due dates are constantly changing.

chris764
Community Member

I had this issue as well. One thing I tried is signing out of my account, closing the app, and then resigning in. I got a notification a little after and clicked on it and low and behold it opened in the app. So try that and see if it works! Smiley Happy

I have tried this multiple times and it does not work for me. It’s so frustrating and it seems like no one can fix it.

Hi Danielle - The Canvas Mobile team is actively working on a solution. Watch Release Notes: Mobile‌ for the most up-to-date information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
erinhallmark
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,

Notifications should be fixed as part of our latest app updates, Student 6.10 and Teacher 1.12. Both are distributed in a phased rollout, so it may take a few days for your app to update.

Thanks,

Erin