assignment comments

Jump to solution
hodea761
Community Novice

I want to delete a comment I made on an assignment submission. Simple re-submitting doesn't delete the comment. How do I do this? 

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @hodea761  Welcome to the Canvas Community. It depends on which type of comment you're referring to. My guess is one of the "general" comments rather than those within DocViewer (annotations within the document).  In either case, both are definitely able to be removed.

• For a general comment, head into SpeedGrader and you will see all comments on the far right side. Every comment you created should have an X next to it on the right, such as what is shown on the screen capture under the View Comment heading on this page: How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?   Simply click that X and it will remove it. (Be aware, however, that if you had an "automatic" grade posting policy that the student may have already seen the comment via a notification received.)
  • For an annotation/comment within the DocViewer, click in it and you should see a trash can icon. Examples are shown in several screen captures throughout the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15081-4152719763 online lesson.  The trick is clicking in just the right place for a few of them, but they are indeed removeable.

Hope this helps, Ariana.

View solution in original post