cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janicenorth
Community Member

autosave in Canvas

Jump to solution

I've been asked about an autosave feature for Canvas in assignments where student enters text.  Is there a way to save if student doesn't finish and needs to leave before submission?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@janicenorth ​, right now Canvas doesn't have this functionality (I actually tell my students to compose their work in Office or Google Docs first and then copy and paste it into Canvas), but information from this feature idea - - seems to indicate that it might be coming! My recommendation is to comment on why this feature would be helpful and also "follow" it so you'll get future updates on this feature.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@janicenorth ​, right now Canvas doesn't have this functionality (I actually tell my students to compose their work in Office or Google Docs first and then copy and paste it into Canvas), but information from this feature idea - - seems to indicate that it might be coming! My recommendation is to comment on why this feature would be helpful and also "follow" it so you'll get future updates on this feature.

View solution in original post

elizabeth_welli
Community Member

Autosave is a must for students and teachers who are switching over from Google products. The WHY is because students grew up in a world of autosave and now are struggling with the old dinosaur (select save button in Microsoft). I too lost assignments I was creating this summer because I went back to insert a video from Studio and forgot to save. This reminds me of all the term papers I used to have to rewrite back in the early 90's. SOS